An increasing number of people turn to the Internet in search of information, goods and services. It has, therefore, become essential for online businesses to have a multilingual website to expand client base and enhance sales. Although Google Translate continues to provide free services, websites need to make their website multi-lingual. Here are the top 5 benefits of such a website –
1. Acquisition Of Global Users – Internet was only meant for English users initially. But with change in times, majority of users are from places such as New Zealand, Nigeria, and countries in Asia. If this trend continues, English is going to be a minority language. Keeping in view the growing number of non-English speaking users, having a multi-lingual website is beneficial. It will help you form a client base in non-English countries.
2. Marketing is Cost-Effective – When you can communicate with an international audience without a language barrier, then you will benefit because you will be able to create awareness internationally for your product or service. People will recognize your brand, thus, increasing the scope of marketing at a low cost.
3. Large Client Base – One of the biggest benefits of being able to communicate with various people in their own language is the increase in your client base. The multi-lingual nature of your website ensures that millions of people across the world are able to access your services and products.
4. Increased Sales – When you add languages to your website, you send a positive message to the visitors that you are thinking of them. The effort to add languages conveys that you care for non-English speaking customers too. When you send such a message across, you get customers who feel secure dealing with you.
5. Demonstrates International Nature – Adding languages to the website takes it to an international level. It demonstrates that you are working, dealing and thinking internationally.
Search engines lead clients to such websites quickly and you reach customers in countries like India, China, France, Japan and others. Google is developing the capacity of running searches in foreign languages. If your website is available in foreign languages, then the chances of being picked up by search engines increases.